About The Keane Community Trust
The Power Behind Hulls FoodBanks
Our Strategic Vision is of Thriving Communities
Which are Independent, Entrepreneurial and Connected.
Our Objectives and aims
The organisations objects and principal activities are to: “Relieve persons in the United Kingdom and elsewhere in the world ( i.e. Ireland ) who are also in conditions of need, hardship or distress
(beneficiaries) in such ways as the Trustees from time to time think fit.” In delivering its objects the organisation is supported by a range of powers such as to undertake research, to delivering its objects the charity is supported by a range of powers such as to undertake research, to provide advice and to acquire or hire property of any kind.
Support, develop and empower communities
Help people and communities to feel a sense of collective
So they believe in their ability to work together to make a difference
Promote co-operation and common goals aimed at improving lives for everyone
The way in which we deliver this mission is by bringing people together,
Providing access to facilities and resources
Building confidence, aspiration and entrepreneurial skills.
By doing this we can help to support a local economy that works for local people,
we can build the foundations for growing aspirations,
and we can grow resilient people and communities.
East Hull & Beannie Street FoodBank
Beannie Street ClothingBank
Donate With Us Online
OBJECTIVES AND ACTIVITIES
• Ensuring wide community participation in the charity’s projects;
• Developing a culture of lifelong learning throughout the organisation in order to allow the trustees, core staff and volunteers to do their allotted jobs effectively;
• Building strong links with the media, locally and nationally, and regularly updating the website in order to stimulate public awareness of the work and the issues facing people in poverty and distress;
• Setting up social enterprises which add value to the organisation existing projects by generating profits whilst also providing opportunities for volunteers to learn new skills;
• Identifying, evaluating and incorporating best practice in project templates to ensure that projects become self- sustaining and are easy to replicate;
• Building links to businesses who understand our ethos and will employ our volunteers.